The LINGUAL: Journal of Language and Culture is concerned with the study of linguistics and literature. Preference is given to articles of English Literatures, Linguistics, and Social Studies. The journal is published twice a year in May and November presenting articles containing analyses, studies, application of theories, research report, material development, teaching and learning languages and reviews. Contributors are invited from both members of and non-members of the English Department of Udayana University.
SUBMISSION: manuscripts for publication must be in English language and sent to the editor one month prior to the first date on the month of the publication. Authors are obliged to register as an author in our OJS site https://ojs.unud.ac.id/index.php/languange and upload the manuscript to this site.
We accept manuscripts with the following classification
- An original scientific paper that presents the results of original research that were not previously published in either full or preliminary form.
- A preliminary communication that contains at least one new scientific fact or result that requires immediate publication, but it should not contain enough details to test the described results, as is the case with original scientific articles.
- A review article that contains an overall review of recent and current research in a specific area. Papers in this category are surveys in nature that should contain critical references and evaluations. The references must be complete enough to permit a good insight into the subject-matter.
- A professional paper that does not have to be based on original research, but it should contribute to the application of well-known research results and present theoretical conceptions.
Length: The length of your manuscript should be around 6 – 10 pages
Detailed format of the submission, please use the following template https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw8hLzLQXo1RZXhKVVF5UUljQXM/view?usp=sharing
- It is important to consider and conclude if the paper makes a valuable contribution to existing knowledge and literature in terms of theory development, new data, new methodology, etc.
- It is important to match the paper written and submitted according to the Journals Instructions for the authors.
- It is important to check that the paper written and presented up to publishable standards of the Journal in terms of: whether any concepts have been defined adequately, whether the paper is well structured with coherent argumentation and well integrated, clarity of any statistical data, tables and diagrams, whether the title reflects the contents of the paper accurately, if any part of the paper should be cut out, restructured or further developed.
- It is important to check appropriateness of referencing in terms of giving adequate credit to other contributors in the field, major omissions and whether the references are complete and written correctly.
For further guidelines on author submission in ojs system, please refer to the following link