About the Journal
Aims and Scope
The Journal aims to promote the theory and application in the field of physics and to encourage a vigorous dialogue between scholars and researchers all over the world. It presents original research articles, letters as well as review articles, publishes the latest achievements and developments in physics and related fields. All contributions shall be rigorously refereed and selected on the basis of the quality and originality of the work as well as the breadth of interest to readers. Accepted papers will immediately appear online. The Journal welcomes contributions that the manuscript is written in Indonesian or English.
The scope of this journal covers pure and applied physics. The topics include advanced material, optoelectronics, laser application, biophysics, medical physics, instrumentation, geophysics, and related fields.
Peer Review Process
The suitability of manuscripts for publication in Buletin Fisika is judged by peer reviewers and the editorial board. All the review process is conducted in a double-blind review online. The Editor In Chief (Journal Manager) handles all correspondence with the author and makes the final decision as to whether the manuscript is recommended for acceptance, rejection, or needs to be returned to the author for revision.
The Editor In Chief, Journal Editor, and Section Editors will evaluate the submitted manuscripts on the prequalification step for the suitability of further review process. The manuscripts will be evaluated by two or three qualified peer reviewers selected by the Editor In Chief, Journal Editor, and Section Editors. The peer reviewers should review the manuscript and return it with their recommendation to the Editor In Chief, Journal Editor, or Section Editors as soon as possible, usually within 2 weeks. If one of the peer reviewers recommends rejection, the Editor In Chief will ask a third reviewer or Section Editors to decide the acceptance or rejection of the manuscript.
Manuscripts needing revision will be returned to the authors, and the authors must return the revised manuscript to the Editor In Chief via OJS of Buletin Fisika. The Editor In Chief sends the revised manuscript to Journal Editor or Section Editors to check whether the manuscript is revised as suggested by peer reviewers. Sections Editors could give recommendations to Editor In Chief that the manuscript should return to authors, accept, or reject within 2 weeks. After the acceptance letter is sent by the Editor In Chief, the manuscript is forwarded to the technical editor for editing and layout process. Editor In Chief would send a letter announcing the publication issue and invoice attached with PROOF to authors.
There are three steps of revision process by authors: 1) revision manuscript to accommodate Section Editors suggestions (prequalification step) within 1 week (if any); 2) revision manuscript to accommodate peer reviewer suggestions within 2-3 weeks, and 3) revision to accommodate Section Editors suggestions within 1 week (if any). Manuscripts that exceed the revision deadline will be withdrawn. The authors may request an extension to the Editor In Chief before the revision expires. The time interval from the date the manuscript is submitted to the acceptance for publication varies, depending on the time required for the review and revision process.
Manuscripts are rejected usually for 3 general reasons: 1) the topic of the manuscript does not fit in the journal scope. 2) The substance of the manuscripts do not meet Buletin Fisika standards; the data may be incomplete; the methodology used is not appropriate; lack of novelties and no advancement of the existing knowledge; or there are no consistency among objectives, research design/method, evidence, and conclusion. 3) The manuscript is not written following Buletin Fisika guidelines in Authors Guidelines. These manuscripts may be rejected without a review process. Manuscripts could also be rejected in the review process if Authors do not revise the manuscripts as suggested by reviewers and editorial board, also do not give response/rebuttal against the suggestions.
If the manuscript is rejected, the author will be notified by the Editor In Chief with a statement of reasons for rejection. The author may appeal to the Editor In Chief if he or she believes an unfair judgment has been made which encloses the author’s reasons. Editor In Chief will review and discuss the reasons with Section Editors responsible for the manuscript, and then decide whether to accept or refuse the appeal. The author(s) will receive the final version of the manuscript as a PDF file. PROOF of all manuscripts will be provided to the corresponding author. The PROOF should be read carefully, checked against the typed manuscript, and the corrections may be returned within 7 days.
Authors submitting manuscripts should understand and agree that the copyright of manuscripts of the article shall be assigned/transferred to by Buletin Fisika. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Buletin Fisika is published TWO times a year in February and August.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
How to Register and Make a New Submission
- The author should register in the Register menu.
- The author should fulfill the form, especially on the star mark. On the Confirmation Register section, please give your selection as an author, reviewer, or both of them. After all the forms was filled in, click on "Register" to process the registration.
- Please go to User Home and select your role as Author. In Active Submission, click on " Make a Submission".
- These are the five-step submission process:
- Step 1. Starting the Submission. To acknowledge the copyright statement, please click on the “Copyright Notice”. On the Submission Language, select the language of the submission. In the Journal Section, select the appropriate section of the journal, i.e. Articles. On the Submission Requirements, the author has to check-mark on the submission checklists. The author is able to give brief information to Jurnal Editor about the submitted manuscript on the Comment form. Please click on the "Save and Continue" button to go to the further step.
- Step 2. Uploading the Submission. These are 3 steps to upload a manuscript to this journal: 1) on the Article Component, select the appropriate section of the journal, i.e. Articles Text, then click “Upload File”. Choose the file and upload it. Once the submission is uploaded, click Continue on the bottom of this page. 2) On Review Details, click Continue. 3) On Confirm, click Complete. Then on the Upload Submission page, please click on the "Save and Continue" button to go to the further step.
- Step 3. Entering the Submission's Metadata. The author should enter the metadata of all authors engaged in the writing process. The information of manuscript title, abstract, keywords, and references must be filled in the textbox.
- Step 4. Confirming the Submission. The author has to check that all documents are complete. To submit the manuscript to Buletin Fisika, click the Finish Submission button. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission's progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal website.
- Step 5. Next Steps Submission complete. The journal has been notified of your submission, and you've been emailed confirmation for your records. Once the editor has reviewed the submission, they will contact you.
The author is able to trace the submission manuscript status, including manuscript review and editorial process by logging in to the journal web.
Abstracting and Indexing
- Garuda [https://garuda.kemdikbud.go.id/journal/view/8910]
- Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ) [https://doaj.org/toc/2580-9733]
- SINTA [https://sinta.kemdikbud.go.id/journals/profile/6798]
- Google scholar [https://scholar.google.co.id/citations?hl=en&authuser=1&user=DbpV1OoAAAAJ]
- Crossref [https://search.crossref.org/?q=2580-9733]
Physical Society of Indonesia (PSI)
Buletin Fisika, ISSN 1411-4690 is a scientific and peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of Physics Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Udayana University, associated with the Physical Society of Indonesia (PSI). The journal has been published since 1999 in print version until 2011. Starting from 2012 ongoing, it is published in print as well as online version. The journal is published TWO times a year in February and August.
Buletin Fisika has been indexed and abstracted in GARUDA, Directory of Open Access Journal (DOAJ), Science And Technology Index (SINTA), Google Scholar, Crossref, and other scientific databases. The journal also used Similarity Check to prevent any suspected plagiarism in the manuscripts.
Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Udayana University
Kampus Bukit Jimbaran Badung Bali, Indonesia 80361
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
p-ISSN: 1411-4690 ; e-ISSN: 2580-9733