Skema Pelepasan Beban Menggunakan Relai Rate of Change of Frequency dengan Supervisi Under Frequency Relay
A Rate of Change of Frequency (ROCOF) relay works based on rate of frequency changes (df/dt) that is a direct indicator of power unbalance between generation and demand. The df/dt indicator make ROCOF relays have a promising opportunity for under frequency load shedding. Examining the performance of the proposed ROCOF relay scheme for under frequency load shedding become the research objective. The proposed scheme consists of five load shedding steps and they were supervised by Under Frequency Relay (UFR) to avoid mal-operation due to short circuits. The scheme was assessed using generation loss simulation with contingency of N-1, N-2 and N-2-1 with Digsilent Powerfactory. It is found, for N-1 and N-2 contingencies, the proposed scheme provide better frequency results and faster than UFR scheme. However, there is a problem with the sensitivity of the scheme that is adjusted by delay setting. For light to medium power of generation loss, the required delay is relatively large to obtain the true df/dt value from the measured df/dt that tends to oscillate. However, for severe generation loss, the large delay setting causes the relay to be less sensitive hence a small proportion of the relays do not work at all expected steps.
2. M. D. Noviantara, I. N. Suweden, and I. M. Mataram, "Analisis Stabilitas Sistem Tenaga Listrik Dengan Automatic Generation Control (AGC) Dua Area Menggunakan Fuzzy Logic Controller," Majalah Ilmiah Teknologi Elektro, vol. 17, pp. 263-270.
3. P. Kundur, N. J. Balu, and M. G. Lauby, Power system stability and control vol. 7: McGraw-hill New York, 1994.
4. T. C. Njenda, M. E. H. Golshan, and H. H. Alhelou, "WAMS Based Intelligent Under Frequency Load Shedding Considering Online Disturbance Estimation," in 2018 Smart Grid Conference (SGC), 2018, pp. 1-5.
5. A. Ketabi and M. Hajiakbari Fini, "Adaptive underfrequency load shedding using particle swarm optimization algorithm," Journal of Applied Research and Technology, vol. 15, pp. 54-60, 2017/02/01/ 2017.
6. H. Haes Alhelou, M. E. Hamedani-Golshan, T. C. Njenda, and P. Siano, "Wide-area measurement system-based optimal multi-stage under-frequency load-shedding in interconnected smart power systems using evolutionary computing techniques," Applied Sciences, vol. 9, p. 508, 2019.
7. Adrianti and A. Dyśko, "Risk assessment analysis to find optimum ROCOF protection settings," in 12th IET International Conference on Developments in Power System Protection (DPSP 2014), 2014, pp. 1-6.
8. W. Freitas, X. Wilsun, C. M. Affonso, and H. Zhenyu, "Comparative analysis between ROCOF and vector surge relays for distributed generation applications," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 20, pp. 1315-1324, 2005.
9. S. P. Chowdhury, S. Chowdhury, T. Chui Fen, and P. A. Crossley, "Islanding protection of distribution systems with distributed generators - A comprehensive survey report," in 2008 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting - Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, Pittsburgh, 2008, pp. 1-8.
10. "IEEE Application Guide for IEEE Std 1547(TM), IEEE Standard for Interconnecting Distributed Resources with Electric Power Systems," IEEE Std 1547.2-2008, pp. 1-217, 2009.
11. M. H. Bollen and F. Hassan, Integration of distributed generation in the power system vol. 80: John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
12. A. Derviškadić, Y. Zuo, G. Frigo, and M. Paolone, "Under Frequency Load Shedding based on PMU Estimates of Frequency and ROCOF," in 2018 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT-Europe), 2018, pp. 1-6.
13. M. Q. Ahsan, A. H. Chowdhury, S. S. Ahmed, I. H. Bhuyan, M. A. Haque, and H. Rahman, "Technique to Develop Auto Load Shedding and Islanding Scheme to Prevent Power System Blackout," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 27, pp. 198-205, 2012.
14. D. Marsudi, Operasi sistem tenaga listrik. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu, 2006.
15. National-Grid, "Frequency Changes during Large Disturbances and their Impact on the Total System," National Grid, London 2013.
16. Digsilent. (2019, 20/03). Digsilent Power Factory Web. Available: https://www.digsilent.de/en/powerfactory.html
17. P. Demetriou, M. Asprou, J. Quiros-Tortos, and E. Kyriakides, "Dynamic IEEE Test Systems for Transient Analysis," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 11, pp. 2108-2117, 2017.
18. M. A. Pai, Energy Function Analysis for Power System Stability: Springer US, 2012.
19. Z. Gajic, D. Karlsson, C. Andrieu, P. Carlsson, N. R. Ullah, and S. Okuboye, "Intelligent Load Shedding," CRISP2005.
20. "IEEE Guide for the Application of Protective Relays Used for Abnormal Frequency Load Shedding and Restoration," IEEE Std C37.117-2007, pp. 1-55, 2007.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License